LIVERMORE, Maine (AP) — Police say a Maine woman was killed when her motorcycle crashed into a utility pole and split into two pieces in Livermore Falls.
WGME-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2xBoIPn) that motorcycle parts showered onto railroad tracks below after the crash Monday morning along Main Street. Police say 40-year-old Breanne Hewins, of Jay, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are still trying to determine a cause, but believe speed was a factor.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI conducted search at his Mar-a-Lago estate
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
Information from: WGME-TV, http://www.wgme.com