TORRINGTON, Conn. (AP) — Police say animal control has seized more than 20 animals, including three dead dogs, from a Connecticut home.
Authorities had received a complaint about the well-being of the cats and dogs at the Torrington home. Most of the animals seized Friday were in cages.
Police say animal control had tried to check on the animals before Friday, but the owner was uncooperative. Officers secured a search warrant.
Police have not announced any arrests made or charges filed. They say the investigation is ongoing.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police fatally shoot man near Ravenna Park
- Drinking alcohol key to living past 90, study says
- Seattle arboretum loop trail opens up new vistas, opportunities VIEW
- Northeast Seattle street project stirs cars-vs.-bikes debate
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs