TORRINGTON, Conn. (AP) — Police say animal control has seized more than 20 animals, including three dead dogs, from a Connecticut home.
Authorities had received a complaint about the well-being of the cats and dogs at the Torrington home. Most of the animals seized Friday were in cages.
Police say animal control had tried to check on the animals before Friday, but the owner was uncooperative. Officers secured a search warrant.
Police have not announced any arrests made or charges filed. They say the investigation is ongoing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Italian bridge collapse sends cars plunging, killing 26 WATCH
- How to find and delete Google’s tracking of your devices
- Google tracks your movements, like it or not
- Primary night: Dems go for diversity, GOP for Trump choices VIEW
- Woman tells police she's a 'clean, thoroughbred, white girl'