TORRINGTON, Conn. (AP) — Police say animal control has seized more than 20 animals, including three dead dogs, from a Connecticut home.
Authorities had received a complaint about the well-being of the cats and dogs at the Torrington home. Most of the animals seized Friday were in cages.
Police say animal control had tried to check on the animals before Friday, but the owner was uncooperative. Officers secured a search warrant.
Police have not announced any arrests made or charges filed. They say the investigation is ongoing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump cancels summit with Kim; North Korea still wants talks VIEW
- Lava from Hawaii volcano enters ocean from 3 flows VIEW
- Trump Twitter ruling: What a Washington woman did to get blocked by the president
- Mauled in Montana woods, grizzly-bear researcher walks 2 miles with fractured skull for help
- George Zimmerman tells court he's $2.5 million in debt