JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Police say a man shot in the stomach during a robbery in Mississippi has died.
News outlets report Jackson police said in a news release that 21-year-old Sandeep Singh and two others were robbed at gunpoint by a masked man outside their home late Sunday night. Police say the robber took money and cellphones from the victims, and fled on foot, firing shots back at the victims.
Singh died at a hospital Monday. He becomes Jackson’s 58th homicide of 2017.
Police are searching for the suspect. The names of the other two robbery victims haven’t been released
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts