BEREA, Ky. (AP) — Authorities say a Kentucky teenager who left school with an unknown person and messaged a friend to call police has been found safe.
News outlets cite a statement from Berea police that says 15-year-old Amber Renae Wagers was located Thursday in Louisville. No other information was released.
Police said the teen left Berea Community School on Wednesday morning and drove off with someone investigators believe she met through social media. Police say she later messaged a friend saying police needed to be called.
Police said they are continuing to investigate the case.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events