MONROE, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a Michigan man lived with his girlfriend’s corpse for about a month before officers found it while performing a welfare check.
The Monroe News reported Wednesday that 49-year-old David M. Hall, of Monroe, was arraigned last week on a charge of concealing the death of an individual.
Authorities say 56-year-old Kandace Simmons appears to have died in early December. Officers found her body in an apartment bedroom after the landlord asked police to check on the couple.
Monroe police Lt. J.D. Wall told the newspaper that Hall didn’t give a clear explanation as to why he didn’t report the death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Autopsy results are pending, but Wall says there were no obvious signs of trauma to Simmons’ body.
Hall’s attorney declined to comment Wednesday.
Monroe is about 35 miles south of Detroit.