MONROE, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a Michigan man lived with his girlfriend’s corpse for about a month before officers found it while performing a welfare check.
The Monroe News reported Wednesday that 49-year-old David M. Hall, of Monroe, was arraigned last week on a charge of concealing the death of an individual.
Authorities say 56-year-old Kandace Simmons appears to have died in early December. Officers found her body in an apartment bedroom after the landlord asked police to check on the couple.
Monroe police Lt. J.D. Wall told the newspaper that Hall didn’t give a clear explanation as to why he didn’t report the death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
Autopsy results are pending, but Wall says there were no obvious signs of trauma to Simmons’ body.
Hall’s attorney declined to comment Wednesday.
Monroe is about 35 miles south of Detroit.