PLYMOUTH, Minn. (AP) — A man has died of injuries suffered in a fire at an apartment building in Plymouth, a fire that officials say he may have set.
Officials say the fire broke out in one the building’s third-floor units about 11 p.m. Thursday. The building’s other tenants evacuated safely.
Firefighters discovered heavy smoke in the hallways and learned one person was still inside the apartment. Plymouth Police Chief Mike Goldstein says firefighters rescued the man, who suffered smoke inhalation and severe burns. Authorities said Friday morning the man had died.
Authorities say the man is believed to have set the fire intentionally.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Morning coffee results in $1,000 fine, expulsion from Venice
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- An American woman and her boyfriend were exploring Canada. They were found dead on a highway.
- Nobel laureate from Iraq told Trump that ISIS killed her family. 'Where are they now?' he asked.
- Plan to slow Western wildfires would clear strips of land