PLYMOUTH, Minn. (AP) — A man has died of injuries suffered in a fire at an apartment building in Plymouth, a fire that officials say he may have set.
Officials say the fire broke out in one the building’s third-floor units about 11 p.m. Thursday. The building’s other tenants evacuated safely.
Firefighters discovered heavy smoke in the hallways and learned one person was still inside the apartment. Plymouth Police Chief Mike Goldstein says firefighters rescued the man, who suffered smoke inhalation and severe burns. Authorities said Friday morning the man had died.
Authorities say the man is believed to have set the fire intentionally.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Democrats subpoena Mueller report amid calls for impeachment
- 3 climbers presumed dead after Banff avalanche
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women
- A portrait of the White House and its culture of chaos, dishonesty VIEW
- Key takeaways from Robert Mueller's Russia report VIEW