PLYMOUTH, Minn. (AP) — A man has died of injuries suffered in a fire at an apartment building in Plymouth, a fire that officials say he may have set.
Officials say the fire broke out in one the building’s third-floor units about 11 p.m. Thursday. The building’s other tenants evacuated safely.
Firefighters discovered heavy smoke in the hallways and learned one person was still inside the apartment. Plymouth Police Chief Mike Goldstein says firefighters rescued the man, who suffered smoke inhalation and severe burns. Authorities said Friday morning the man had died.
Authorities say the man is believed to have set the fire intentionally.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Bombshell book alleges a Vatican gay subculture, hypocrisy