PHOENIXVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Police say they are searching for a Pennsylvania man who chased down and shot another man after an argument.
Phoenixville police say 21-year-old Keyon La-Shawn Carpenter was arguing with 20-year-old Joshua Mitchell when Carpenter pulled a gun prompting Mitchell to run away. That’s when Carpenter shot Mitchell once, then ran away. Mitchell died a short time later at a hospital.
The shooting happened about 9:45 p.m. Thursday in downtown Phoenixville, near a pedestrian walkway known as the Children’s Plaza.
Police say they found the gun Carpenter used at a church. Someone had scratched off the gun’s serial numbers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A toddler lost in the woods is found asleep using family dog as a pillow
- What to know about the fall equinox
- Jimmy Carter’s final chapter continues with peanut butter ice cream and an upcoming 99th birthday
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Gold bars, cash-stuffed envelopes: New indictment of Sen. Menendez alleges vast corruption