PHOENIXVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Police say they are searching for a Pennsylvania man who chased down and shot another man after an argument.
Phoenixville police say 21-year-old Keyon La-Shawn Carpenter was arguing with 20-year-old Joshua Mitchell when Carpenter pulled a gun prompting Mitchell to run away. That’s when Carpenter shot Mitchell once, then ran away. Mitchell died a short time later at a hospital.
The shooting happened about 9:45 p.m. Thursday in downtown Phoenixville, near a pedestrian walkway known as the Children’s Plaza.
Police say they found the gun Carpenter used at a church. Someone had scratched off the gun’s serial numbers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Archie Battersbee, gravely ill 12-year-old, dies after removal of life support
- Key Washington primary 2022 election results
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Everyone loves e-bikes - except some who have to share roads with them
- ID theft, fraud, prison: The wild life of a bishop robbed at the pulpit