LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) — Police say a man hid a camera in a large shopping bag so he could secretly record video up the skirts of women shopping at a Pennsylvania mall.
Thirty-two-year-old Joseph Leece, of East Petersburg, faces a preliminary hearing Tuesday on charges including stalking and possessing an instrument of crime.
Lancaster police say Leece used a large Gap shopping bag with a hole in the side so he could secretly take the pictures as he followed women around Park City Center, an upscale shopping mall.
An employee of a store notified authorities on Dec. 12, and police say they used surveillance video to determine he did the same thing twice before.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mass. COVID-19 outbreak mostly infected the vaccinated, CDC finds; few needed hospitalization
- 'The war has changed': Internal CDC document urges new messaging, warns delta infections likely more severe
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Another coronavirus variant has reached Florida. Here's what you need to know.
Online court records don’t list an attorney for Leece who could comment on his behalf. He doesn’t have a listed phone.