LEVITTOWN, Pa. (AP) — Police say a man tried to carjack a vehicle with a blind 10-year-old boy inside, but the child’s mother fought him off and the man was later arrested.
The woman tells WPVI-TV she’d been putting gas in her car Wednesday at the station in Falls Township. She says she was opening the passenger side door when the man jumped into the driver’s seat. The engine was running.
She says she struggled with him inside the car and he finally took off.
The man’s boyfriend and a probation officer both called police to say they knew the suspect.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- McCarthy becomes the first speaker ever to be ousted from the job in a House vote
- Man known for duping sexual predators online killed in confrontation
- She got chemo in WA and Alaska — and the price difference was a whopper
- Bedbugs torment Paris ahead of 2024 Olympics: 'No one is safe'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Donald Darnell was arrested for attempting carjacking and remains in Bucks County Prison. No attorney information is listed.
Falls Township Police Lt. Henry Ward says people should remove their keys from the ignition.
Information from: WPVI-TV, http://www.6abc.com