MANCHESTER, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut police say a man who tried to walk away from a Sam’s Club store with two large television sets was arrested last year for a similar attempt at a nearby Walmart.
Officials say the 47-yearold Windsor man is charged with larceny and is scheduled to appear in Superior Court in Manchester Thursday. The Hartford Courant reports the suspect was arrested on Jan. 14 after he tried to walk off with two 55-inch television sets, each valued at $778.
Officer Timothy Vennart, who was working private security at the store, says when he questioned the suspect about the TVs, he claimed he lost the receipt for the items.
Police also say the man was arrested after he attempted to walk away with a TV from a Walmart in October.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says
Information from: Hartford Courant, http://www.courant.com