CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a man attempted to kidnap an 11-year-old girl at a Christmas show in North Carolina.
In a statement released Sunday, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said witnesses interceded Saturday night at the Southern Christmas Show when they noticed a man approach an 11-year-old girl who was walking with her family, and tried to walk off with her. The man released his grip on the child and fled the area.
The man remains at large. Police say the man was accompanied by a woman pushing a stroller.
Police said show producer Marketplace Events employed armed security guards and increased security for the show’s final day Sunday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Archie Battersbee, gravely ill 12-year-old, dies after removal of life support
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Key Washington primary 2022 election results
- Everyone loves e-bikes - except some who have to share roads with them
The girl was not injured.