NORTH YARMOUTH, Maine (AP) — Maine police say a man was seriously injured after he lost control of his vehicle and plunged down an embankment in North Yarmouth.
The Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office says 29-year-old Drew Emery, of Farmingdale, lost control of his car and left the roadway, striking multiple trees as he careened down a steep embankment. The crash occurred Thursday around 4:30 p.m.
Deputies say Emery, the only occupant, suffered life-threatening injuries in the crash.
He was airlifted to a hospital in Portland. Emery’s condition was not available late Thursday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
The sheriff’s office is continuing to investigate the crash.