NORTH YARMOUTH, Maine (AP) — Maine police say a man was seriously injured after he lost control of his vehicle and plunged down an embankment in North Yarmouth.
The Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office says 29-year-old Drew Emery, of Farmingdale, lost control of his car and left the roadway, striking multiple trees as he careened down a steep embankment. The crash occurred Thursday around 4:30 p.m.
Deputies say Emery, the only occupant, suffered life-threatening injuries in the crash.
He was airlifted to a hospital in Portland. Emery’s condition was not available late Thursday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As Democrats vow to investigate Trump, Mueller's office issues rare statement rebuking Cohen report
- Democrats demand investigation after report that Trump ordered Michael Cohen to lie to Congress
- Students in 'MAGA' hats mock Native American after rally
- Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is mulling an independent run for president in 2020
- Before Harts plunged off cliff, strain dogged Washington state family
The sheriff’s office is continuing to investigate the crash.