NORTH YARMOUTH, Maine (AP) — Maine police say a man was seriously injured after he lost control of his vehicle and plunged down an embankment in North Yarmouth.
The Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office says 29-year-old Drew Emery, of Farmingdale, lost control of his car and left the roadway, striking multiple trees as he careened down a steep embankment. The crash occurred Thursday around 4:30 p.m.
Deputies say Emery, the only occupant, suffered life-threatening injuries in the crash.
He was airlifted to a hospital in Portland. Emery’s condition was not available late Thursday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Elusive red sprites, like glowing jellyfish in the night sky, photographed in Oklahoma
- Navy SEALs were warned against reporting their chief for war crimes
- Justices seem ready to OK asking citizenship on census VIEW
- Militia leader said members were training to kill Obama, Clinton and Soros, FBI says WATCH
The sheriff’s office is continuing to investigate the crash.