NORTH YARMOUTH, Maine (AP) — Maine police say a man was seriously injured after he lost control of his vehicle and plunged down an embankment in North Yarmouth.
The Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office says 29-year-old Drew Emery, of Farmingdale, lost control of his car and left the roadway, striking multiple trees as he careened down a steep embankment. The crash occurred Thursday around 4:30 p.m.
Deputies say Emery, the only occupant, suffered life-threatening injuries in the crash.
He was airlifted to a hospital in Portland. Emery’s condition was not available late Thursday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW
The sheriff’s office is continuing to investigate the crash.