BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — A Baton Rouge, Louisiana, man has been arrested after police say he lit his wife on fire during an argument.
The Advocate reports (http://bit.ly/2fesNAO ) police arrested 28-year-old John Emmett Harleaux on Tuesday on a felony count of domestic abuse battery by burning.
An arrest report shows Harleaux began spraying his wife with hairspray during a September argument at their home. When the woman called her mother, the report says Harleaux pulled out a lighter and lit the flammable hairspray on fire.
The woman suffered second- and third-degree burns on her arm, shoulder and back.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Key Largo is so flooded that crocodiles are swimming in the streets
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Ian lashes South Carolina as Florida's death toll climbs
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband files for divorce after 27 years
- Trump records probe: Tensions flare over special master
It’s not immediately clear whether Harleaux has an attorney.
Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com