BALTIMORE (AP) — Police say a man driving in a funeral procession was shot dead in Baltimore.
The Baltimore Sun reports that Baltimore police Detective Jeremy Silbert said Monday that officers on patrol found 39-year-old Dannta Holmes suffering from gunshot wounds on Saturday. Silbert says a preliminary investigation indicates that suspects had approached the vehicle taking part in the procession and opened fire before fleeing.
Holmes was subsequently pronounced dead at a hospital. Silbert says he didn’t know for whom the procession was being held.
Further details have not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- Collins' husband: Ricin threat mentioned Kavanaugh vote
Information from: The Baltimore Sun, http://www.baltimoresun.com