LANSDOWNE, Md. (AP) — Baltimore County police say a man is dead and a second man has been seriously wounded in a shooting at a funeral.
News outlets report authorities said a funeral procession arrived Wednesday at a cemetery in Lansdowne, Maryland. They say the service was about to start when shots were fired. Police say one of the men was pronounced dead at the scene, and the other man was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Spokeswoman Officer Jennifer Peach said police believe there were two shooters who were in the crowd at the funeral, and that the shooting was targeted.
Peach says police believe the shooters were firing at each other.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
The dead man wasn’t identified, pending notification of relatives.
No arrests have been made.