LANSDOWNE, Md. (AP) — Baltimore County police say a man is dead and a second man has been seriously wounded in a shooting at a funeral.
News outlets report authorities said a funeral procession arrived Wednesday at a cemetery in Lansdowne, Maryland. They say the service was about to start when shots were fired. Police say one of the men was pronounced dead at the scene, and the other man was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Spokeswoman Officer Jennifer Peach said police believe there were two shooters who were in the crowd at the funeral, and that the shooting was targeted.
Peach says police believe the shooters were firing at each other.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
The dead man wasn’t identified, pending notification of relatives.
No arrests have been made.