DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Police in Daytona Beach have arrested a convicted sex offender after a homeless pregnant woman was tied up and tortured.
Fifty-two-year-old John Lytus remained in the Volusia County Jail on Tuesday after his arrest last week on charges that include sexual battery with a deadly weapon, kidnapping and failure to register as a sex offender.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/1Nix7db ) reports Lytus was convicted of first-degree rape in Rockland, New York, in 1982.
An arrest affidavit says the incident happened in a recreational vehicle in September after Lytus picked up the woman. The woman told investigators Lytus threatened to kill her if she didn’t do what he told her. She says she was hog-tied and attacked for about 12 hours.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man gets 10-year sentence for attacking and coughing on person who asked him to pull up mask
- Off-duty flight attendant detained after an in-flight struggle, Delta says
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Two Montana sweethearts were fatally shot in 1956. The case was just solved.
- Man, 25, dies after downtown Austin shooting that wounded 14
It’s not known whether Lytus has a lawyer.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com