SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (AP) — Police in central Ohio say a 56-year-old man has killed his wife and stepdaughter before turning the gun on himself.
The Springfield News-Sun reports Springfield police say officers found 56-year-old Eric Sirons (sur-‘OWNZ) dead inside the family’s home Tuesday night. His 49-year-old wife, Jennifer Sirons, and 21-year-old stepdaughter, Andrea Heiser, were pronounced dead at separate hospitals.
Eric Sirons was membership director for Chamber of Greater Springfield and once worked at the Springfield News-Sun. Jennifer Sirons was chief financial officer for Clark County Juvenile Court. Heiser was an undergraduate at Wright State University.
WDTN-TV has reported the couple filed for divorce in March. WDTN also reports that 911 calls made Tuesday night came from teen girls who had locked themselves inside a bathroom in the home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest VIEW
- France's Macron denounces nationalism as a 'betrayal of patriotism' in rebuke to Trump at WWI remembrance
- Republicans attack Jewish candidates, including Kim Schrier, with an age-old caricature: fistfuls of cash
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
Information from: Springfield News-Sun, http://www.springfieldnewssun.com