DECATUR, Ga. (AP) — A man fought and killed a home intruder early Thursday during what authorities say may have been a planned attack outside Atlanta.
DeKalb County police say three men broke into the man’s Decatur home just after midnight on Thursday. Lt. Rod Bryant says the break-in may not have been a random incident, but did not explain why.
Bryant tells the Atlanta Journal-Constitution the armed intruders fired at the man, who then got his own gun and fired back. A masked intruder was found dead in the parking lot. He was wearing a pair of gloves. The other two intruders got away.
The man’s two children and two other adults were at the home during the attack.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
Police Lt. Lonzy Robertson says the department’s homicide unit has declared the shooting justified.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com