DECATUR, Ga. (AP) — A man fought and killed a home intruder early Thursday during what authorities say may have been a planned attack outside Atlanta.
DeKalb County police say three men broke into the man’s Decatur home just after midnight on Thursday. Lt. Rod Bryant says the break-in may not have been a random incident, but did not explain why.
Bryant tells the Atlanta Journal-Constitution the armed intruders fired at the man, who then got his own gun and fired back. A masked intruder was found dead in the parking lot. He was wearing a pair of gloves. The other two intruders got away.
The man’s two children and two other adults were at the home during the attack.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
Police Lt. Lonzy Robertson says the department’s homicide unit has declared the shooting justified.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com