KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The driver of a pickup truck has died in a four-vehicle crash on Interstate 70 in Kansas City.
Television station KMBC reports that the crash happened early Wednesday morning. Police say the pickup had stalled in the eastbound lanes of the interstate when it was hit from behind by a car, forcing it down an embankment. The car was then rear-ended by a sport utility vehicle. Police say a fourth car hit debris from the wreckage and the pickup driver’s body.
Police said they didn’t know if the pickup driver was thrown from his vehicle in the crash or was outside it when the crash happened. He died at the scene.
The driver one car was taken to a hospital with minor injuries. The other surviving drivers were not hurt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Deadly fungus spread rapidly during the pandemic, CDC says
- It’s massive. It’s Trumpian. And now it’s mysteriously missing
- Space station discarded some trash. It rained fire in California's sky WATCH
- Former TV star, now a chicken 'rescuer,' found not guilty of Foster Farms theft
- Tourism agency apologizes after sexualizing Canadian city's name WATCH
Information from: The Kansas City Star, http://www.kcstar.com