BALTIMORE (AP) — A man who police say pulled a semi-automatic handgun on an officer during a foot chase has been fatally shot in Baltimore.
The Baltimore Sun reports the unidentified man died at a hospital Sunday night.
Police spokesman Chief T.J. Smith says the incident started when officers tried pulling a car over earlier that night. The car fled and was followed by a helicopter.
Smith says police arrived on scene once the car stopped and arrested a woman who had been in the car, but the man bolted. Smith says the man drew a gun and pointed it at a pursuing officer who then shot the man. Police say the man also had a replica handgun.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
It’s unclear if the man fired his gun and how many times he was shot.
Information from: The Baltimore Sun, http://www.baltimoresun.com