ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Police say they’ve arrested a 34-year-old Florida man after people at a park saw him kicking swans in the head.
An arrest reports says police were called Thursday morning to Orlando’s Lake Eola Park, which is known for its swans and swan-shaped paddle boats.
Multiple people told officers they saw Rocco Joseph Mantella kicking swans “as hard as possible” as he appeared to practice karate.
The report says Mantella also kicked a sleeping duck.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Betsy DeVos compares Joe Biden touching her forehead to sexual harassment under Title IX
The Orlando Sentinel reports one witness told investigators Mantella appeared to laugh when he saw her reaction.
Mantella was arrested on a cruelty to animals charge and remained in the Orange County Jail on Friday. Jail records don’t list a lawyer for him.