FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — An electrician who police say hid a video recording device resembling a pen in a Massachusetts preschool bathroom has been arrested.
The Sun Chronicle reports that 48-year-old Darin McNeil pleaded not guilty to wiretapping and attempting to commit a sexual surveillance wiretap.
McNeil had been working at the Learning Experience in Foxborough as a subcontractor for an energy efficiency company.
Police say a school employee found the device hidden in a hat in the employee restroom last Friday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Southwest Airlines pilot climbs into cockpit window after being locked out of flight deck
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Texas welcomed Elon Musk. Now his rural neighbors aren't so sure.
- Debt deal would reduce IRS expansion, approve permits for West Virginia pipeline
- Winnie the Pooh ‘Run, Hide, Fight’ Book Draws Parents’ Ire
McNeil allegedly told investigators he hid the device earlier in the day to record women but denies wanting to record children.
McNeil was free on $2,500 bail and has been ordered to stay away from the preschool.
A listed number for his Taunton home was not in service.
Information from: The (Attleboro, Mass.) Sun Chronicle, http://www.thesunchronicle.com