NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities say a man has been pronounced dead after being found unconscious on the street.
The New York Police Department says officers responding to an emergency call saw the man around 4:15 a.m. Sunday on 143rd Street and Brook Avenue in the Bronx.
He was on the ground with trauma to his head and body. Authorities say the unresponsive 30-year-old man was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead. No identification has been released.
The medical examiner’s office will determine a cause of death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them