QUINCY, Mass. (AP) — Police have arrested a man they say stalked a woman more than 40 miles from a Rhode Island casino to her home just outside of Boston where he attacked her and robbed her of her winnings.
The Boston Globe reports the Norfolk District Attorney says 21-year-old Ty Shon Forbes of West Warwick, Rhode Island, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Wednesday. He’s charged with unarmed robbery and assault and battery on someone over 60.
Prosecutors say Forbes saw a 61-year-old woman claim $6,000 in winnings at Twin River Casino in Lincoln, Rhode Island on Nov. 10.
Police say he followed her, attacked her outside her Quincy, Massachusetts home, stole her purse and fled. He was recently charged.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Hungry bear goes for ride after getting stuck on trash truck
- Woman finds tiger in house, tells dispatch: 'I'm not lying' WATCH
She suffered broken vertebrae.
Forbes was in custody. His public defender couldn’t be reached for comment.