LAUREL, Md. (AP) — Police in Maryland have arrested a man accused of pointing a gun at a woman during a road-rage incident on I-95.
The Washington Post reported that Uliyahu Ben’Arie Hayah was arrested Friday in Laurel, Maryland, about an hour after the alleged incident occurred. The 41-year-old from North Chesterfield, Virginia, faces charges of use of a firearm in a felony, assault and related counts.
Maryland State Police said the woman reported Hayah after he flashed a handgun at her on I-95 between Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
Police said that troopers found Hayah sitting on a handgun in his sport utility vehicle. Police said he also had two rifles, including an assault rifle, a shotgun and ammunition in the SUV.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
Police said the woman was not injured.
Information from: The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com