CLAREMONT, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a husband firing a shot to scare his wife in the break room of a North Carolina food processing plant caused a panic.
Catawba County deputies said 25-year-old Cheng Lee is charged with felony discharge of a firearm after the shooting Friday night at the AdvancePierre Foods plant in Claremont.
Authorities say two people suffered minor injuries in the chaos after Lee fired, but no one was seriously hurt.
Deputies told media outlets that Lee was a former worker at the plant and fired shots to scare his wife, who still works there.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Trump wants to deliver State of Union next week as planned VIEW
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Trump says he directed Sarah Sanders 'not to bother' with White House news briefings
- 9 brains, 3 hearts: Some wild facts about octopuses
It wasn’t known if Lee had a lawyer.