CLINTON, Conn. (AP) — Police say a Rhode Island man pulled over for driving 90 mph on a Connecticut highway had more than nine pounds of marijuana in his car.
A Connecticut state trooper pulled over 21-year-old Mohamed Jones, of Providence, on Interstate 95 north in Clinton just before 1 a.m. Sunday.
The trooper wrote in his report that he smelled “an odor consistent with fresh marijuana to be coming from the interior of the vehicle.”
A search of the trunk yielded nine clear heat-sealed bags of pot inside a large blue cloth bag.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
Jones was held on $100,000 bond on charges of reckless driving, possession with intent to sell, and possession of a controlled substance. He is scheduled to appear in court Dec. 5. It was not clear if he has a lawyer.