CRISFIELD, Md. (AP) — State police say a Maryland man is dead after apparently shooting himself and his estranged ex-wife in an attempted murder-suicide.
Maryland State Police said in a news release that the victim was on the phone with her sister when the incident occurred Saturday morning in Somerset County. The sister called 911.
Police say 57-year-old Gary Preston of Delmar, Maryland, drove to the victim’s “location” at a home in Crisfield. When officers responded, they found a woman suffering from apparent gunshot wounds and found Preston dead at the scene, also with an apparent gunshot wound.
The victim, 44-year-old Susan Preston, is being treated at a Baltimore hospital. The statement didn’t provide her condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Woman, 29, enrolled in high school and pretended to be a teenager
- Ski resorts can now make fake snow in 80 degrees. Here's why that's a problem
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Tyre Nichols' brutal beating by police shown on video
- California shooting: 3 dead, 4 hurt in ritzy LA neighborhood
Police say the motive isn’t immediately clear, and an investigation is ongoing.