ALVA, Okla. (AP) — A man shown in a surveillance video crashing his pickup into the front desk of a northwestern Oklahoma hotel and nearly hitting two women is facing charges.
The Enid News and Eagle reports (http://bit.ly/1QIsWax ) the incident happened last Thursday at Alva Comfort Inn and Suites after a bill dispute. Police say 62-year-old John Parsley of Gonzales, Texas, wanted a refund on two transactions.
Officer Wade Suffon says he offered to talk to a manager, but Parsley drove off and crashed into the hotel.
The video shows the truck back up after the initial hit and slam into the lobby again.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CDC reverses itself, says new guidelines on coronavirus transmission were posted in error
- Luxury cars, MAGA flags and Facebook invites: How an unknown Idaho family organized the Portland rally that turned deadly
- CDC quietly issues new guidance on how coronavirus spreads
- ‘We May Be Surprised Again’: An Unpredictable Pandemic Takes a Terrible Toll
- N95 masks save lives. So why are they still hard to get this far into a pandemic?
Parsley faces two felony counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and one count of malicious injury to property over $1,000. It’s not clear whether he has an attorney.