WASHINGTON (AP) — Police in Washington, D.C., say a man has been charged with murder in the death of his girlfriend’s child.
News outlets report 28-year-old Brian Jamal Wooden was arrested and charged with first-degree murder on Sunday. Metropolitan police say officers had found 1-year-old Carter Sanders unconscious on Wednesday.
Police spokeswoman Karimah Bilal tells The Washington Post that Wooden is the boyfriend of Carter’s mother. Police say he died at a hospital of “multiple blunt-force injuries.”
It is unclear if Wooden has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Key Largo is so flooded that crocodiles are swimming in the streets
- Trump escalates attacks on McConnell with 'DEATH WISH' post
- Russia withdraws troops after Ukraine encircles key city
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
Information from: The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com