BERLIN (AP) — A man is in hot water after allegedly stealing a bicycle, pitching it through a Berlin restaurant window, then entering and quaffing half a bottle of Tabasco sauce — telling authorities he was thirsty.
Police spokesman Jens Berger said Tuesday the 34-year-old was intoxicated, but it wasn’t clear why he went for the bottle of Tabasco to quench his thirst. He says the man may have mistaken it for a tiny bottle of liqueur, popular in Germany.
Neighbors alerted police overnight after hearing the window smash. The man was arrested inside the restaurant.
Berger says after telling police he had broken in because he was thirsty, he said all he wanted to do was sleep — and was given the opportunity in an overnight holding cell.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Navy shares photos of enormous Arabian Sea weapons seizure
- Fauci Says Indoor Mask Guidance Can ‘Start Being More Liberal’
- Melinda Gates reportedly met with divorce lawyers in 2019 ahead of split with Bill Gates
- An obscure Texas security company helped persuade Americans that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump
- After leading a 153-person hike in the Grand Canyon, a Washington health-care exec faces federal charges