WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — A 58-year-old man has been arrested after police say he attached jumper cables to the ears of a 15-year-old Kansas boy to get information about a robbery.
Wichita police Lt. James Espinoza says the boy was walking early Sunday when he said someone placed a gun at his back. Espinoza says the suspect took the teen to a garage, tied him to a trailer hitch, then attached jumper cables to his ears and shocked him repeatedly while questioning him about a recent robbery.
Police say the man’s wallet had been stolen and he believed the teen knew who was responsible.
The suspect eventually released the boy, who ran home and told his father what happened. He was taken to a hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Luxury cars, MAGA flags and Facebook invites: How an unknown Idaho family organized the Portland rally that turned deadly
- 2 Louisville officers shot amid Breonna Taylor protests VIEW
- Massive genetic study shows coronavirus mutating and potentially evolving amid rapid U.S. spread
- How to create a pandemic pod for safe social interaction
- US experts vow ‘no cutting corners’ as vaccine tests expand VIEW
The man faces charges of aggravated battery and kidnapping.