BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — A Bridgeport police lieutenant has been charged with stealing money from the department.
The Connecticut Post reports that Lt. Stephen Shuck was arrested Tuesday on a first-degree larceny charge and released on a promise to appear in court.
It was not immediately clear if Shuck has a lawyer who could respond to the allegations. There is no phone listing for Shuck.
Details of the theft, including the amount of money involved, have not been made public.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
- Labrador dog named Lucy saves Oregon man from sex conviction
Police Chief Armando Perez says Shuck has been suspended without pay while the incident is being investigated.
Information from: Connecticut Post, http://www.connpost.com