BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — A Bridgeport police lieutenant has been charged with stealing money from the department.
The Connecticut Post reports that Lt. Stephen Shuck was arrested Tuesday on a first-degree larceny charge and released on a promise to appear in court.
It was not immediately clear if Shuck has a lawyer who could respond to the allegations. There is no phone listing for Shuck.
Details of the theft, including the amount of money involved, have not been made public.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Extra pilot saved doomed Lion Air jetliner on next-to-last flight
- Confusion, then prayer, in cockpit of doomed Lion Air jet
- Italy: Bus driver abducts 51 children, sets vehicle on fire
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Wealthy parents in admissions scandal under intense pressure to make deals. Here's why
Police Chief Armando Perez says Shuck has been suspended without pay while the incident is being investigated.
Information from: Connecticut Post, http://www.connpost.com