BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — A Bridgeport police lieutenant has been charged with stealing money from the department.
The Connecticut Post reports that Lt. Stephen Shuck was arrested Tuesday on a first-degree larceny charge and released on a promise to appear in court.
It was not immediately clear if Shuck has a lawyer who could respond to the allegations. There is no phone listing for Shuck.
Details of the theft, including the amount of money involved, have not been made public.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A North Carolina teen didn't come home. An iPhone app led her mother to a ravine.
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- High court avoids new case over same-sex wedding cake
- Scientists take a peek behind those sad puppy dog eyes
- Egypt's ousted president Morsi dies in court during trial VIEW
Police Chief Armando Perez says Shuck has been suspended without pay while the incident is being investigated.
Information from: Connecticut Post, http://www.connpost.com