BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — A Bridgeport police lieutenant has been charged with stealing money from the department.
The Connecticut Post reports that Lt. Stephen Shuck was arrested Tuesday on a first-degree larceny charge and released on a promise to appear in court.
It was not immediately clear if Shuck has a lawyer who could respond to the allegations. There is no phone listing for Shuck.
Details of the theft, including the amount of money involved, have not been made public.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Senate Republicans all but surrender to Trump on wall, despite shutdown's toll
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Kamala Harris opens presidential bid
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW
Police Chief Armando Perez says Shuck has been suspended without pay while the incident is being investigated.
Information from: Connecticut Post, http://www.connpost.com