BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — A Bridgeport police lieutenant has been charged with stealing money from the department.
The Connecticut Post reports that Lt. Stephen Shuck was arrested Tuesday on a first-degree larceny charge and released on a promise to appear in court.
It was not immediately clear if Shuck has a lawyer who could respond to the allegations. There is no phone listing for Shuck.
Details of the theft, including the amount of money involved, have not been made public.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
Police Chief Armando Perez says Shuck has been suspended without pay while the incident is being investigated.
Information from: Connecticut Post, http://www.connpost.com