NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (AP) — Police say they have launched a search after a woman went over Niagara Falls.
It happened around 6 p.m. Saturday.
New York State Park Police say a woman in her 40s went over the falls at Prospect Point.
Park Police spokesman Randy Simons says it appeared the woman intentionally entered the water to “harm herself.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CDC reverses itself, says new guidelines on coronavirus transmission were posted in error
- CDC quietly issues new guidance on how coronavirus spreads
- ‘We May Be Surprised Again’: An Unpredictable Pandemic Takes a Terrible Toll
- Luxury cars, MAGA flags and Facebook invites: How an unknown Idaho family organized the Portland rally that turned deadly
- Trump Supporters Disrupt Early Voting in Virginia
He says a police investigation is underway and rescuers were searching the area. The woman has not been found.