MEXICO CITY (AP) — Authorities in the western Mexico state of Jalisco say seven people have been killed in a clash with state police.
The Jalisco state prosecutor’s office says officers were patrolling a dirt road in Encarnacion de Diaz when they came under fire from two vehicles early Tuesday. It says seven men were killed in the ensuing gunbattle, while two escaped.
The prosecutor’s statement says police vehicles were hit by gunfire, but no officers were wounded.
Encarnacion de Diaz is about 110 miles (180 kilometers) northeast of Guadalajara.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mueller concludes Russia-Trump probe with no new indictments WATCH
- Jimmy Kimmel reacts to Spokane backlash proving Gonzaga's existence, then picks Zags to win NCAA tournament
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Flight attendant detained by immigration on return to US
- 'If you took it all in in one day, it would kill you': What Mueller's investigation has already revealed