MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP) — Police say a Kentucky man sped away when officers tried to remove him from his car and led them on a chase that exceeded 100 mph (160 kph).
Morehead police Capt. Kyle Callahan tells WKYT-TV officers were responding to a reckless driving complaint Saturday night when they stopped a car driven by 30-year-old John E. Hall. Callahan says Hall refused to give officers his middle initial and said he did not have to exit his car after they asked him several times.
Callahan says Hall nearly hit four officers when he drove off. He was arrested after crashing and fleeing the scene.
Police arrested and charged his passenger, 32-year-old Jenna C. May, with public intoxication. Hall was charged with several offenses including DUI. It is unclear if they have lawyers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle
Information from: WKYT-TV, http://www.wkyt.com