BALTIMORE (AP) — Less than three weeks after he was cleared of assault charges, a Baltimore police officer is accused of destroying police property worth $600.
Citing charging documents, news outlets report 33-year-old Kevin Battipaglia “mule kicked” a hole in a police station’s front desk and smashed a glass door Sunday, upon being told he had to work Halloween night.
Police say he tried to cover the desk’s hole with a poster, but was captured on surveillance video. Battipaglia didn’t respond to requests for comment through the department.
Battipaglia was acquitted of assault charges Oct. 11 in connection with the Dec. 24 arrest of a 21-year-old man. Prosecutors said he intentionally clubbed the fleeing man with his baton, fracturing his jaw and knocking him unconscious. Defense attorneys argued it was an accidental collision.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Donald Trump indicted; expected to surrender early next week WATCH
- Trump is indicted in N.Y. Here's what it means and what happens next.
- FBI documents give new view into Las Vegas shooter's mindset
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Twitter feed suspended over anti-trans tweets