BALTIMORE (AP) — Police say it appears that a Johns Hopkins University student athlete found dead last week near the campus accidentally fell to her death from a high-rise building near the campus.
Baltimore police spokesman T. J. Smith said at a news conference Monday that it appears that Abigail Bastien of Sandusky, Ohio, fell a significant distance. Smith says police are still awaiting toxicology results, but “everything points” to her death being accidental.
University officials say Bastien was found dead Thursday morning.
Basient, who was entering her sophomore year, was a sprinter on the track and field team and a member of the Alpha Phi sorority. The university says Bastien’s coaches say she always had a smile on her face and loved being a student-athlete.
Most Read Stories
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco