CATONSVILLE, Md. (AP) — Police in Maryland are investigating the death of a sports bar patron who was shot by a security guard.
Baltimore County police said the shooting took place about 2 a.m. Saturday in the parking lot outside Loafers Sports Bar and Grill.
The Baltimore Sun reports that security guards had asked patrons to leave the lot because the business was closed. Police said that after being asked several times to leave, one man went to his car and retrieved a handgun.
Police said the man raised the gun in the direction of one of the guards, who fired his handgun. The man was struck by a bullet and was pronounced dead at a hospital. He was identified as 34-year-old Ron Worsley.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hackers release data after LA school district refuses to pay ransom
- Trump escalates attacks on McConnell with 'DEATH WISH' post
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Marin, once known for vaccine skeptics, now tells them ‘you’re not welcome’
- Supreme Court rejects bump stock ban cases
Police did not identify the guard, citing the ongoing investigation.
Information from: The Baltimore Sun, http://www.baltimoresun.com