LONGBOAT KEY, Fla. (AP) — Police say they are investigating the unnatural death of woman found in a sauna.
The Bradenton Herald reports the unidentified 54-year-old woman was found on Jan. 23. Longboat Key Police Chief Pete Cummings says the department’s forensic team is working with the forensics department of a neighboring sheriff’s office so the case is being investigated “at the highest possible level.”
The department is also meeting with the medical examiner on Wednesday to determine the cause of death.
It’s unknown if the death was a homicide or suicide.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
Information from: The Bradenton (Fla.) Herald , http://www.bradenton.com