LONGBOAT KEY, Fla. (AP) — Police say they are investigating the unnatural death of woman found in a sauna.
The Bradenton Herald reports the unidentified 54-year-old woman was found on Jan. 23. Longboat Key Police Chief Pete Cummings says the department’s forensic team is working with the forensics department of a neighboring sheriff’s office so the case is being investigated “at the highest possible level.”
The department is also meeting with the medical examiner on Wednesday to determine the cause of death.
It’s unknown if the death was a homicide or suicide.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
Information from: The Bradenton (Fla.) Herald , http://www.bradenton.com