LONGBOAT KEY, Fla. (AP) — Police say they are investigating the unnatural death of woman found in a sauna.
The Bradenton Herald reports the unidentified 54-year-old woman was found on Jan. 23. Longboat Key Police Chief Pete Cummings says the department’s forensic team is working with the forensics department of a neighboring sheriff’s office so the case is being investigated “at the highest possible level.”
The department is also meeting with the medical examiner on Wednesday to determine the cause of death.
It’s unknown if the death was a homicide or suicide.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Information from: The Bradenton (Fla.) Herald , http://www.bradenton.com