ATLANTA (AP) — Multiple shots were fired Saturday evening in a suburban Atlanta mall, prompting a frantic rush by shoppers to evacuate.
Several news outlets report that no victims were immediately located, but several stores at The Mall at Stonecrest in Lithonia, about 18 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, were put on lockdown.
A video circulating on Twitter purported to show the incident. It is blurry and erratic, but a confrontation can be seen, two shots are heard, people scream and a person is seen lying on the ground.
The authenticity of the video could not immediately be verified. A spokesman for the DeKalb County Police Department did not respond to messages left by phone.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- People dumped their pets into lakes, officials say. Now football-size goldfish are taking over.
- Man with coronavirus disguises as wife on Indonesian flight
- Why so many people have the worst summer cold ever