PALMER, Mass. (AP) — Police say a man was fatally shot while apparently trying to rob a home in Palmer where officers later found more than 20 pounds of marijuana.
The Hampden District Attorney’s office said police found the man, whose name has not been released, after responding to a report of a home invasion on Sunday.
Investigators said the man was shot while apparently trying to commit an armed robbery.
The DA says a later search of the home turned up the pot with an estimated street value of nearly $33,000, along with a gun.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
A resident, 21-year-old Dimitri Bryant, was arraigned Monday on a charge of possession with intent to distribute marijuana. Bail was set at $10,000.
Police also arrested a possible accomplice to the home invasion.
Additional charges are possible.