PALMER, Mass. (AP) — Police say a man was fatally shot while apparently trying to rob a home in Palmer where officers later found more than 20 pounds of marijuana.
The Hampden District Attorney’s office said police found the man, whose name has not been released, after responding to a report of a home invasion on Sunday.
Investigators said the man was shot while apparently trying to commit an armed robbery.
The DA says a later search of the home turned up the pot with an estimated street value of nearly $33,000, along with a gun.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
A resident, 21-year-old Dimitri Bryant, was arraigned Monday on a charge of possession with intent to distribute marijuana. Bail was set at $10,000.
Police also arrested a possible accomplice to the home invasion.
Additional charges are possible.