PALMER, Mass. (AP) — Police say a man was fatally shot while apparently trying to rob a home in Palmer where officers later found more than 20 pounds of marijuana.
The Hampden District Attorney’s office said police found the man, whose name has not been released, after responding to a report of a home invasion on Sunday.
Investigators said the man was shot while apparently trying to commit an armed robbery.
The DA says a later search of the home turned up the pot with an estimated street value of nearly $33,000, along with a gun.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Microsoft says it has found another Russian operation targeting prominent think tanks
A resident, 21-year-old Dimitri Bryant, was arraigned Monday on a charge of possession with intent to distribute marijuana. Bail was set at $10,000.
Police also arrested a possible accomplice to the home invasion.
Additional charges are possible.