BINGHAMTON, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities in upstate New York are investigating the death of a Binghamton University nursing student.
Police tell Newsday that 22-year-old Haley Anderson, of Westbury, Long Island, was found dead at an off-campus residence on Friday. Her death was later ruled a homicide.
Police say a male nursing student at the university who had a previous relationship with the victim is a person of interest. They say the male student had left the country on an international flight before the victim’s body was found.
Police on Saturday did not reveal the cause of death. Binghamton police officers found the senior’s body during a welfare check.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Embracing a new reality: Coronavirus may never go away, even with a vaccine
- Will you go back to the gym when coronavirus shutdown ends? Here's what you need to consider
- When can I see my grandkids? Here's some advice.
- Why you need to continue to social distance even as your community opens up
- National Guard called to respond to Minneapolis violence VIEW
The university’s Facebook page offered condolences to the victim’s family and friends. It said counseling would be available and there was no threat to public safety.
Information from: Newsday, http://www.newsday.com