ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina police are combing through a heavily wooded ravine near an elementary school after a bypasser found what appears to be human remains.
Police in Asheville were at work Sunday after a cyclist reported the finding on private property near Isaac Dickson Elementary School.
Police say it’s too soon to know the age or gender of the remains found late Saturday.
Police Lt. Chuck Sams tells The Citizen-Times of Asheville that investigators are trying to determine how long the body had been there and the state of decomposition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW