NEWARK, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say they’re investigating the death of a 27-year-old man who was beaten during a fight at a house party held at an upstate New York home.
Police in the Wayne County village of Newark say Frederick Thomas III, of Lyons, died earlier this week at a Rochester hospital from injuries suffered the previous Friday night.
Officials say officers responded around 10 p.m. Friday to reports of a disturbance at a home. When officers arrived they found an unconscious man lying in a pool of blood.
He was taken to a local hospital before being transferred to Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, where he died Tuesday morning.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- The coming California megastorm
Police say they’ve identified a man involved in the fight, along with several witnesses who are cooperating.
No charges have been filed.