DECATUR, Ill. (AP) — Police are investigating the Christmas shooting death of a 39-year-old Decatur man.
The (Decatur) Herald & Review reports there are no known suspects.
Sergeant Chris Copeland says authorities received a report of a gunshot victim around 9:30 p.m. on Monday. Officers found the man, who later died at a hospital.
Macon County Coroner is expected to release the victim’s identity.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Updated COVID shots are coming. Will they be too late?
- 3 feet of rain sets up 4th round of flood misery for Sydney
The newspaper reports that it is the 10th homicide in Decatur this year.
Information from: Herald & Review, http://www.herald-review.com