PAULS VALLEY, Okla. (AP) — An investigation is underway after authorities discovered a body inside a stolen car at a truck stop in southern Oklahoma.
Television station KTEN reports that the body was discovered Saturday at a truck stop near Interstate 35 in Pauls Valley, located about 59 miles (95 kilometers) southeast of Oklahoma City.
Police received a call at about 10:30 a.m. regarding a vehicle stolen from Oklahoma City at the refueling facility. Officers found the body inside the vehicle.
Assistant Chief Derrick Jolly says the death is being investigated as a homicide although no foul play is suspected. Jolly says the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is assisting with the investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Large explosions rock Russian military air base in Crimea
The body was transported to the Office of the State Medical Examiner for identification and a determination of the cause of death.