DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — Police in Dayton have identified an innocent passerby shot and killed in a drive-by attack.
Police say 62-year-old Sherrell Wheatley of Dayton was taken to Miami Valley Hospital where she died of her injuries following the Saturday evening shooting.
Dayton police say Wheatley was struck when a male passenger in a passing car fired several times at a house near where she was walking.
Police are asking people to come forward with information about the incident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nashville school shooter had drawn maps, done surveillance WATCH
- Analysis: French anger shifts from pension law to focus on Macron
- Lentils are just waiting for their 'hummus moment'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Jet shook, killing ex-White House aide, after pilots shut off key system, report says