GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi police are searching for a driver who struck a pedestrian in a fatal hit-and-run.
The Sun Herald of Biloxi cites a release by Gulfport police Sgt. Josh Bromen that says police were on their way to conduct a welfare check when they found a man lying unconscious in the road. The man was identified as 53-year-old Lawrence Ducksworth.
Ducksworth had been hit by a car and died late Wednesday at a hospital. The Gulfport Police Department Accident Reconstruction Unit is investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
Information from: The Sun Herald, http://www.sunherald.com