LAS VEGAS (AP) — Police in Las Vegas say they are looking for a man who shot a neighbor and fled with a child.
Police say 26-year-old Amir Abdul-Rahim shot the neighbor Tuesday night at an apartment complex. They say he then took his 2-year-old son from the apartment where the toddler lives with his mother.
Lt. David Gordon says the shooting happened after Abdul-Rahim knocked on the apartment’s door and had a dispute, possibly involving the custody of a child.
Gordon says the neighbor who was shot was not involved in the altercation and was just trying to intervene. Gordon says the man is in critical condition at a hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Several powerful earthquakes strike off the shore of Canada
- Police say former boyfriend fatally shot Utah athlete from Pullman before killing himself
- Records: Suspect in Utah university killing was sex offender WATCH
- Leaked video shows Khashoggi 'body double' after killing VIEW
- The trade war’s latest casualties: China’s coddled cats and dogs
Police say anyone with information about Abdul-Rahim’s whereabouts should contact authorities. They say Abdul-Rahim should be considered armed and should not be approached.